Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

stripped naked

why:
do i feel like i bent down
and someone got a glimpse of my panties
no
worse
that someone got a glimpse beyond my panties
shame

why?
when at the same time the closet attention whore in me
revels in it

what is it about me
that always pulls me in two opposite directions
in everything

born in pakistan
worshipping the glossies abroad

born in poverty
aching jealous of the designer pajamas wearing best friends

born in luxury
ashamed for the dirty black little kids living in the disgustingly filthy quarters behind my house

felt self righteously justified when i complained
about the kids who stole my chocolates once

died a million guilt induced deaths
as they howled as their chowkidar dad beat them senseless

kept a secret part of myself
completely separate from the world

that even my frighteningly shrewd best friend for 17 years
doesn't know that part of me

that the attention whore in me loves the exhibitionism
that the everyday me feels like a dirty rude obnoxious bitch
for revealing the worst thoughts i think
and having people accepting them

liking them even

why!

1 comment:

naked feet said...

now i'm generally a nice person, so i supressed what i wanted to say till this post got buried somewhere in the archives and i could reply:

what irritates me about the above comment is that its saying NOTHING. mouthing platitudes. and he didn't even understand what the EF i'm writing about. i'm sure he's a nice guy and all, but really.
idiot.