Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

making hay

for Z: i can't help it.

i’m bored. i stifle a yawn. then turn to my favorite pastime of late. i look casually over to the head of the bed.
his hair is a little sweaty, and rumpled adorably. sitting from my vantage point, I can sneak a look at his face, and something about the pleasing set of dark eyebrow against pale tanned skin makes my heart give just a little skip.
he’s stretched out against the headboard, intently watching his Discovery behind my head somewhere to the side. I sit at the foot of the bed, our legs mixing at the knee at a perpendicular.
he suddenly notices me looking and I’m a little embarrassed at being caught. but then his gaze meets mine, and he does that look. like he knows.
how does he do that?
“Can you change the channel please?” I say out of the sheer awkwardness. and, well, because I want the channel changed.
he looks a little surprised. “But, but….baby! that the gobbeldygook car being blahdiblahdiblah car made in lalalala car land”. his hands gesticulate in excitement as he says "car". he looks hopeful, and tries to find a similar spark in me. his eyes flick longingly back to the TV.
I keep looking at him.
he looks at the TV. and then he looks at me. and then his eyes soften just a bit. he sighs. then hands me the remote.

I happily flick to BBC/star world/channel V/comedy channel. the sun is shining.

j'adore.

3 comments:

discopapaya said...

hahahahhaahahaha i LOVE it

you know i watch really random stuff on paramount.. like murphy brown and shit

golden girls such though

though the theme song has been stuck in my head for a couple fo days :S

Phitaymaun said...

You know, coming from dp's blog to yours, or vice versa is like a time warp.
Its like the life of the same person at two different stages of maturity unfolding.
How surreal.

Also probably quite presumptous on my part but that IS what it feels like.
I have absolutely nothing to say abt this post because i have no idea what its about, mysterious and all that you have always been. But god how wud i know bide my days if this obnoxiously pink haven of words and feelings didn't exist.
Just been feeling grateful for the bloggers I have come to know, and you're right up top on that list.
So thankyou for blogging :D

naked feet said...

i think disco is way cooler than i was then :)