Search This Blog

Thursday, April 14, 2005

the story of black and white

yin yang, love hate, mars venus.
are they really opposites?

it was my first real internship, we were all pretty much the same age, and it was the great days of TGIF, Pizza Express and when all roads led to the Point.
he was interning at another office at the same building, and i'd once gone in and asked to use the phone. my GOD he was cute. kept bumping into him on and off, hormonal enough to feel my blood freeze, breath stop and feet stumble if he was within eye sight.
i was walking towards the large glass entrance doors one day, and he was around ten feet in front of me. I could recognize the back of his head by then. he pushed open the door, gave a backward glance and saw me. and instead of letting it swing shut he waited, and held it open. when i caught up to him, he turned back and smiled, and then walked off towards the parking lot.

it was Indescribable. rock climbing, bungee trampoline, first kiss, nothing, nothing has ever even come close to it.

i wonder if i'm still capable of feeling like that again?

3 comments:

Phitaymaun said...

Damn! Really? And all my life i've been opening doors for women thinking its just futile chivalry! Why is it so hard for you guys to say thankyou even? Do u not realize that teh few of us who do hold the door open aren;t doing so just to save your delicate arms the excercise? How hard would it be to just say 'hey, that was nice of you, and thats smile u just shot me made my knees buckle a lil'.
hmph!
Damn right i'm bitter!

Ent said...

ahahahhah...
i hold doors open and then forget about them...

naked feet said...

when just anyone opens a door for you, its simple courtesy. you return it with a thank you (which i usually do), and the score is even.

when he opened it for me, it was this huge gaping door opening to opportunity. it showed he'd noticed me too, that he was well brought up, that he wanted me to see he was well brought up. it showed that he was just the right balance of not too eager, yet still interested. it showed me that all the bugger had to do was open an effing door and it would be the most thrilling thing of my life.
it showed quite a bit for a simple gesture. but thats what made it so amazing :)